Mathieu's Update

Subscribe to Posts [Atom][RSS]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Planet Earth (sometimes)
Keys to the Da Vinci CodeSchoolies 2005
Current Moon Phase

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mad Meal 1

15-2-5769

Today, after her first music lesson (well, she raced through the first 8 lessons which I had been up until 3AM in the morning designing), and after playing lots of other new games, including an obstacle course, The Baby (now 6 years old) and I decided to make me some breakfast (The Baby had already eaten).

So the first thing we put in my bowl was an egg (without the shell). We knew that eggs come from chickens which lay them, but today we remembered that chickens hatch from eggs as well, and don't just come from the farm. We soon realised that there is a vicious cycle of chickens hatching and laying! But which came first? The chicken or the egg? We discovered that God made chickens first on the fifth day of creation, along with everything else that flies, and all the sea creatures.

We then put a jam biscuit and a big cookie in with the egg. After that, we put in four big marshmallows! I couldn't help but alternate the two pink ones and two white ones symmetrically into the four corners of my bowl.

Then we found some sort of fruit bar that was apparently meant to go into lunchboxes. Not today! Today it got torn into four pieces which were then inserted in between the four marshmallows.

The Baby then pealed me a mandarin, and we balanced four pieces of that on top of the pieces of fruit bar. The Baby suggested we put another one in the middle, and maybe she was right, but I felt it was time to put a piece of Weet-Bix Fruity cereal there instead. But then, what the hay! Let's just pour a whole lot more of that cereal in, but not before pouring in a heap of Coco Pops! Then we added one of my favourite cereals - popcorn!

It was starting to look a little dry, so we went to the fridge and found some orange fruit-juice, which we half-drowned the rest of the food in.

I thought we weren't going to be able to fit anything more in, but I was wrong! The Baby crammed in three Arnott's biscuits (a Nice, Milk Coffee, and Milk Arrowroot).

I put an upside-down plate on top of the bowel and put the lot in the microwave. We set it for three minutes. Once the countdown started, we ran out of the kitchen so no limbs would be lost in the explosion when the egg blew up. Because that would just ruin breakfast!

Once we were sure it was safe to take my breakfast out of the microwave and placed it on the table, we felt it was missing something... Oh yes! Tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, maple syrup, jam, a dash of lemon juice, caramel topping, lots of mayonnaise, and lots of baby marshmallows!

Contrary to The Baby's predictions, it was... delicious! I must admit that the mandarin turned just a little sour in the microwave, but there were only four little pieces and it's better than my unfounded fear that they would be too hot and burn my tongue. I don't think I'll use a mandarin next time. Other than that, we should be on one of those cooking shows on TV!

Oh yeah, and I discovered the egg wasn't cooked properly at the bottom, which explains why it didn't explode. I didn't want to eat raw egg white, because it contains active avidin, which inhibits your absorption of biotin by binding to it. Biotin is also called vitamin B7 and vitamin H. Willy Wonka claims that he doesn't use vitamin H in his Supervitamin Chocolate because it makes you grow horns, but a biotin deficiency causes your hair to fall out, and I don't want to start going bald!

So I put my breakfast back in the microwave for another two minutes, and when it was done, the biscuits turned into cake! I'm not making this up! The whole thing was like eating trifle. Mmmm! I love trifle!

I know what I forgot! The herbs and spices! I knew there was something!

1 Comments:

Anonymous affordable supplements said...

Me too love trifle a lot. Vitamin H is very good for body and skin. Thanks for the post.

30/9/09 5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home