Mathieu's Update

Subscribe to Posts [Atom][RSS]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Planet Earth (sometimes)
Keys to the Da Vinci CodeSchoolies 2005
Current Moon Phase

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Baby and The Boy Brother

Xavier
Xavier

Elizabeth holding Xavier
Xavier being held by his sister Elizabeth


Up to now, Elizabeth has been the center of the lives of us all. She's reacted very well to Boy Brother's existence. Elizabeth is still called "The Baby".
When my sister was describing Xavier to me, she said, "He's so cute! And he has the baby's nose!"
So to avoid confusion, I will refer to Elizabeth (who already has the same name as someone else she lives with, but spelt differently) as "The Baby", and to Xavier as "The Boy Brother" (which is what The Baby has called him every since she suspected his existence).
My name, by the way, is "Meshoo", and don't you dare call me anything else around The Baby, because nobody wants to pollute her with my real name, seeing as her version is so much cuter, and closer to the french pronounciation anyway. I like it. In the third person, The Baby calls me "My Meshoo."

I usually see The Baby every Saturday. I sneak over to her house on Friday night while she's asleep, and I'm woken up from the couch by her the next morning, because she wakes up too early for anyone to save me from being bopped on the head and told to "wake up Meshoo, wake up!" Yesterday I was informed that it's tradition, as apparently is my poor beard suffering verbal threats of one day being shaved.

I couldn't make it this Saturday, so I came on Sunday instead. That is, Pete dropped me off Saturday night so that I could have my Saturday morning wake up call on Sunday. Thanks Pete.

The Baby and I spent most of yesterday chasing each other around the pet shop. It was huge, but unfortunately, they only sold pet accessories. There were no pets except fish, and dogs visiting with their owners. But The Baby was less disappointed than I was, and entertained herself (and everyone else in the shop) without any effort at all. She's still the center of the universe. What were we worried about?

We found a lizzard in the shop though, although he was just visiting too. We then experienced the horror of believing that Grandma (my aunt) had forgotten about us and driven off.

While waiting for Grandma in the car, by request, I kept playing the same track on a CD of kid's songs. I don't know how, but before then I always knew that the day would come when I would have to learn all the words/word to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I'm sure I will speak more of The Boy Brother when he becomes more interesting.

I will also introduce you to The Bear someday as well. Pete had a close encounter with her when he dropped me off. You OK now Pete?

Update (11-5-2009): I thought I'd use this old post to list links to all the posts about The Baby and The Boy Brother, because it's the only one which explains the names and has pictures (they're too cute to upload anymore):

Happy Birthday Xavier
Little Red Hiding Hood (my favourite)
My Mad Meal 1

7 Comments:

Blogger Gloz said...

they are so cute :)

8/5/06 10:18 pm  
Blogger Gloz said...

who's The Bear?

9/5/06 9:39 am  
Blogger Pete said...

The bear is this pet bear they have. I didn't know you could have bears as pets until I went there - its a real one that's alive too. I know - it jumped on me. Although, I thought bears growled, but this one barked.

12/5/06 9:01 am  
Blogger Gloz said...

um...i suspect that 'the bear' is a dog?

12/5/06 10:52 am  
Blogger Mathieu said...

On the contrary! When you meet it, you suspect that the dog is a bear.

12/5/06 1:23 pm  
Blogger Noof said...

Hey Mathieu,

Just read your article on the Da Vinci Code. It was really helpful, and so well written - really clear and to the point. Thanks!

(If only I could say the same for word verification: hspbcnxc)

17/5/06 9:45 pm  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Thanks Noof.

18/5/06 12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home