Mathieu's Update

Subscribe to Posts [Atom][RSS]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Planet Earth (sometimes)
Keys to the Da Vinci CodeSchoolies 2005
Current Moon Phase

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm Back!

I'm back! And it's good news!

Due to CFS, Mathieu's Update hasn't been very up to date. I haven't regularly blogged in about 3 years.
For the next 3 months, I will run a trial and see what pace I can keep up with.
Please subscribe to my RSS or Atom feed so you can be notified whenever I update. It's easy to set up, but let me know if you want help doing it anyway, or if you want emails from my blog instead (although I don't recommend that option at all). I recommend using the Opera browser above all others. One reason among many, is that it can notify you of new posts itself without the need of any additional newsreading software or having to check any website. Still put me into your bookmarks though.

And then please comment as often as you can. This will help me a lot! Thanks.

At first, to get me into a blogging routine, I'll probably just start listing the things which happened in my day, but then I'll quickly branch out into actual blogging, and getting more and more interesting.

So what have I been up to?

Well, I'm still writing my book, preparing my Bible studies, memorizing Hebrew and Greek scripture, designing the perfect operating system and programming language, playing the flute, piano and sometimes the violin.

I'm still studying Physics and Maths at QUT. Hopefully I'll be there a few years yet. I'm part time now. This semester, I've finally been doing QUT's only subject on Discrete Mathematics. That's the kind of maths I wanted to do from the start, but I'm obviously at the wrong university.

I've decided that my degree might be usefull to me after all, and that teaching is the way to go for me. Whether that's primary, secondary, uni or something else entirely, I don't know yet. Hey, I've only been at uni seven years, and it took me six of those to work out teaching has something to do with it!

I live alone happily in the same place I've been living the last 8 years.

I spend most of my weekends with The Baby and The Boy Brother. We play lots of games and read lots of books. I'm also teaching them Bible stories, music, maths, spelling, etc. We love it! I'm writing some educational computer games to help.

A couple of weeks ago, my moustache was trimmed for the first time, along with my hair, for my cousin's wedding where I was a groomsman and wore a kilt. Pictures are coming. Don't worry, the beard is still safe.

Schoolies is coming up soon, and I'm hoping to blog about it every day that I'm on project like I did in 2005, but this time it might be on a new blog devoted to Schoolies. So during those days I may not blog here, but I'll link to the other blog or something. We'll see how it works later.

I get to help with the apologetics training this year! I don't know anything about what's happening yet, so I'm just trying to get all my apologetics together into one interactive program for answering questions. I have apologetics on the brain, so you'll hopefully get me posting a lot of apologetics throughout the next month.

There are also some surprise posts coming!

As you might have noticed, I've made some little changes to my blog. There are many more to come. I'm very excited about what I have planned!

I used to host my files on my old website at Geocities, but Geocities is closing down on October 26, 2009. This is a good thing. I never took Geocities seriously, as you may have guessed if you ever visited my site there and found it hardly ever changed in 7 years. My new website is with a marvalous free webhosting service called HelioHost. My motto is, "If it seems too good to be true, check it out!"

At the time I'm writing this, my new website has less on it than the old one. In fact, nothing. So far it's just hosting some of the old files for my blog like my Da Vinci Code artical so that the links will still work when Geocities dies, but I will add to my new site regularly, so it will soon have far more than the old one, and eventually be a proper site I can be proud of.

You may have noticed I've updated the the HTML version of my Hebrew Calendar. It's now a JavaScript which generates the HTML itself so I don't have to keep posting it. I haven't finished it yet. I have plans to make it interactive and have each day link to the appropriate post on my blog, and each Feast icon link to information about the Feast, etc.

Here's a hint you might like pointed out. In the past, when I've used a word without explaining it, I turned it into a link to a page explaining it. I'll still be doing that, but from now on I'll give it a title with a little more information for those people who don't have the time to read a whole other page. Just move your mouse over a link to find out a little more information. For example, if move your mouse over the word KGP, a message saying, "A booklet called Knowing God Personally." should pop up. If it doesn't work for you, please comment and tell me, because from now on, I won't be putting bracketed explanations beside acronyms either. If you click on the link, it will still go to the whole other page.

If you want to know more about what's been happening up until now, I'm sure you'll hear more about my past adventures as time goes on. That's if there aren't too many new ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home